China Banking Corporation
8745 Paseo de Roxas corner Villar Street, Makati City
China Banking Corporation (China Bank) commenced business on August 16, 1920 as the first privately-owned local commercial bank in the Philippines catering initially to the needs of Chinese-Filipino businessmen. It played a key role in post-World War II reconstruction and economic recovery through its support to businesses and entrepreneurs in critical industries. China Bank was listed on the local stock exchange in 1947, and acquired its universal banking license in 1991. The Bank serves the corporate, commercial, middle and retail markets with a wide range of domestic and international banking services. It is one of the largest universal banks in the country in terms of assets, capital base and market value.